Sunday 7 June 2009

First potatoes

The first potatoes have been harvested and eaten! They were Charlottes, which although not technically an early (they are a salad which I think makes them a second early) still produces enough baby potatoes to be eaten as new potatoes.

I managed to harvest them by rummaging around the roots of the biggest plants rather than actually pulling anything up, hopefully they plants will continue churning out the beauties.

So this is it, the official start to the summer accompanied by a bit of butter and plenty of fresh mint.

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Delicious! I'm not even going to look until the end of June, as I didn't plant until end of March. Not long now though...

Liz said...

I didn't plant potatoes this year so I'm very jealous of you eating them! They're so delicious when they're nice and fresh. Yum!